Monday, July 30, 2007

Ben's Birthday

Ben's cute cake!

Ben blowing out the candle!


Yesterday was Ben's second birthday party. I had all of these great ideas and all of these great plans and then I realized I just didn't have the time! I was planning on making his cake, but the night before I decided to order one from Walmart! Luckily they were able to make it in time! I had bought the cake pan and all of the decorations, but with the Wiggles concert and the family reunion I just didn't get the chance! But oh well, I realized that I cannot do everything! I made a "dirt cake" instead and served it in his dump truck. You can see what that looks like in the first photo. It was served with an orange shovel! I think it turned out great! The whole thing was gone by the end of the party!
I really wanted everything to be perfect.....the party and the photos but it didn't turn out like I had imagined. I ended up getting just snapshot type photos and the party was just ok. I guess what matters is that Ben had a blast!

7 comments:

Amy said...

It looks like he had a great time! I always build stuff up of how it's gonna be too and then it never quite measures up:( LOVE the dirt cake, I have been planning to make that some year for my ds ~ but every year some other theme pops up and I still haven't done it ~ they are so cute!

Sara said...

Happy birthday, little ben!
Great cake, sounds like you had a great weekend of celebrations.

amazing grace said...

Happy Birthday! Cute cake! i love dirt cake too. my little one turns 2 next week. can hardly believe it!

leah

Heather said...

Yes I do this all the time! Every bday I say I'm gonna get the cool shots of MY kids this time and it never happens! I'm always so busy I end up getting nothing. This year I recruted my couisin to help with the pics and got some that were ok:)Cool idea with the dirt cake though:)

bprincephoto said...

I love the dump truck idea. Too bad I only have girls. Such fun shots.

Jan said...

Love the dirt cake idea... so much fun. The important thing about your shots is that you did capture the moments--you'll have them to look back on in years to come... Great job!

Tori said...

Looks like fun! Cute idea of the dirt cake in the dump truck!